Sunday, May 23, 2004

WordPress Micro Review

After the fresh installing of Apache/1.3.31, MySQL 4.0.20 and PHP 4.3.6 (Zend's terrific job), I finally got WordPress 1.0.2 up and running in my Red Hat 7.1, the box I fondly call of "corral". I won't make a full review here, because I want to let this job for the pros, namely Mark Pilgrim et caterva. In a few words, WordPress is a revolution in the CMS area (pun not intended) due to its feature galore and clean architecture. At a first sight, the code is a cargo cult full of fancy tricks, but with a closer look, one will note that the code is simply poetry. Post searching, categories management, links ranking, placement of GeoURL ICBM location and a truly complete options list are a few qualities to mention. Matt and his gang have rescued my faith in humanity.

[Listening to: Baldwin Brothers - Lava Lamp]